Wednesday, August 15, 2018

AN INTRODUCTION

Tanya Britt eyesonuphoto/EyesOnUDetroit

EyesOnUDetroit Magazine Celebrating one year Anniversary! July 2017- July 2018!
My Detroit Baby is a year old! God inspired me to start this magazine and the first challenge was selecting the right name. What immediately came to mind was to incorporate my photography name into the magazine; eyesonuphoto=>EyesOnUDetroit But what a long name for a magazine cover! How would I make it fit? Well, I made it fit just fine and I worked it out to my liking.

A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME

I have a degree in Fine Art with a minor in Media Art from Wayne State University.
I grew up on the Northwest side of the city, and attended the Detroit Public School System. All of my career fields have dealt with working with the public; customer service representatives in retail, the airline industry. and the hotel industry. I've  had the opportunity to literally travel the world, but Detroit will always be home to me.

I am a survivor of advanced throat cancer. I am currently celebrating 5 years of being cancer- free. With that said, I still face many challenges every day. EyesOnUDetroit keeps me inspired and motivated to keep moving forward. While I still have breath left in my body I will continue to look past the grime and shine a positive light on the people, places, and events of this city that I love.

I would like to thank those who FOLLOW my MAGAZINE BLOG and my FACEBOOK PAGE! Thank you for joining me in celebrating Detroit! Featured Artists, Public Figures, and everyday Citizens, on EyesOnUDetroit are not Ads (paid for advertisement) They are an introduction to the Detroiters and a celebration of Detroit's culture. There are many people, places and adventures I hope to share starting today, August 15, 2018! Detroit has a lot of stories that need to be told; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; but mostly the focus will be on the positive.


GETTING ALL CAUGHT UP!

And now I must play catch-up by posting previous magazine covers on this blog. I will begin with my very first cover last year, in July 2017. This will take sometime because I have no set number of covers for each month. So, FYI, if I am inspired I will make a cover.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as I try to figure out, and become reacquainted with the formatting, and setting up this website. Chemo-brain, is a side effect long after cancer treatment ends.  Not so sure about this current page layout, I choose it because it's kind of artsy and rustic like Detroit. On the downside, looks kind of dark... so I may change it in the near future.

FYI: Cookies and data are collected on this site; just like pretty much every other site on the web.

Sincere regards,
Tanya Britt

eyesonuphoto/EyesOnUDetroit

2 comments: